Wednesday, April 28, 2010

The BAND Wagon

I remember this song called Sadho Re which was often aired a few years ago. With that song, Agnee made a little bit of a statement, with a fresh new sound, not often heard in Indian rock circles.

A few years later, I had the pleasure of chancing upon a few more of their numbers. "Shaam Tanha" has a very sprightly feel to it and a nicely made animated video. "Ranjhana Yaar Di" is a brilliant song, which tells a whole story in a single video. But I think the best of lot, IMHO, has to be the wordless Theme for MTV Splitsvilla. Its a poignant song in which Mohan's enchanting voice & Koko's spectacular guitar work come to the fore.



With this I think I have found my quadruplet of Indian Bands I love made up of Avial, Pentagram, Parikrama & now Agnee

No comments: